Heath Ceramics is a California company making dinnerware and architectural tile of good and enduring design for over 70 years. We are design-led, with the mission of creating products of beauty and integrity, while designing, manufacturing, and running our business in a way that's better for society and our planet. By taking responsibility for the entire lifecycle, we offer better products and experiences from beginning to end. We believe in the benefits of local manufacturing and support a community of people committed to and inspired by the process of designing, making, and sharing. We believe in providing a living wage, full health and welfare benefits, and a place for meaningful work.
The Web Manager will lead the planning, design, maintenance and build for Heath online, partnering closely with internal stakeholders to orchestrate a tight web of content, commerce, and feature development that supports product launches, editorial communications, and marketing + advertising campaigns. This is an individual contributor role.
- Design: Lead all Design, UX, and development efforts for Heath online.
- Ensure Heath’s website is led by design, with design and user experience always at a visibly high standard.
- Design and implement special stories, projects, and online events when needed.
- Serve as a key voice and decision-maker for the recurring cadence of web updates.
- Research, evaluate, and direct feature selection and web presentation of products.
- Create a user-experience design for the website that is driven by user insights.
- Ensure consistency, delight, efficiency, and relevance of user experience.
- Performance: Stay attuned to how the website is performing.
- Oversee site metrics to understand web trends and how users interact with the site.
- Clearly understand site performance, business results, and emerging trends.
- Use data, along with customer feedback and an understanding of Heath’s brand values, to develop new actions to improve ecom performance and the customer experience journey.
- Planning: Synthesize insights and sense-make trends into clear actions
- Collaborate with the Creative Ops Director to conceptualize the roadmap for website development projects in line with established business and brand goals.
- Develop detailed project plans for website updates and related web roadmap projects, from small content changes to large collection launches, that ensure consistency with brand strategy and business objectives.
- Bring projects past the finish line: develop plans to mitigate potential launch risks, jump in to help when needed, drive postmortem analysis, and ensure learnings are documented and integrated into future processes.
- Leadership: Inspire the team’s forward progress
- Lead with a spirit of optimism, collaboration, and creativity.
- Manage contributions to the web and external vendors, primarily our development partner.
Preferred/Desirable Skills and Experience
- Strong expertise in Shopify eCommerce administration
- Experience with Klaviyo
- Experience with retail environments
- Good understanding and experience with SEO/SEM
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
- Design background or demonstrated digital design experience
- Expertise and comfort executing across digital tools, like Shopify, Jira, Asana, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Google Advertising, Photoshop/Figma
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and capacity to balance competing objectives
- Critical thinking and questioning to ensure effective work prioritization, in constant pursuit of innovative ways to drive results
- Inquisitive nature and a natural ‘pattern seer,’ proven expertise deriving actions from insights
- Deep appreciation for, and understanding of, eCommerce best practices
- Proven ability to initiate action and guide an effort through to completion
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Understanding and curiosity about Heath’s brand, values, and priorities
Work Environment/ Hours / Compensation
This position is a full-time, exempt role that has the flexibility to work remotely. We're looking for Northern California-based candidates for ease of travel to our San Francisco or Sausalito locations on an as-needed basis for team meetings, events, etc. This position pays $95,000 to $100,000, based on experience. The working hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Creative Operations Director.
Only California residents will be considered.
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture, and chiropractic, as well life insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time-off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Heath, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply through this application process, attaching your resume. Thank you for your interest!