IT Systems Technician
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Information Technology
Heath Ceramics is a California company making dinnerware and architectural tiles of good and enduring design for over 70 years. We are design-led, with the mission of creating products of beauty and integrity, while designing, manufacturing, and running our business in a way that's better for society and our planet. By taking responsibility for the entire lifecycle, we offer better products and experiences from beginning to end. We believe in the benefits of local manufacturing and support a community of people committed to and inspired by the process of designing, making, and sharing. We believe in providing a living wage, full health and welfare benefits, and a place for meaningful work.
The Heath Ceramics IT Systems Technician is a full-time role reporting to the IT Manager and focused on IT projects and desktop support. Heath’s IT System Technician will have excellent troubleshooting abilities, high attention to detail, and great interpersonal skills. Heath Ceramics’ unique business offering as a manufacturing and retail company means the IT Systems Technician will be providing support for point of sale systems, desktop and mobile platforms, MDM, data storage platforms, voice networks, messaging and collaboration applications, security infrastructure, and performance monitoring.
Support Responsibilities (30%)
- Report and resolve issues as they arise, and escalate as necessary
- Take ownership for assigned incidents and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve issues with minimum or no supervision
- Resolve complex issues, identify trends in issue reporting and report to IT Manager
Infrastructure Activity (25%)
- Infrastructure lifecycle management
- Develop, maintain and support network security best practices across Heath’s technical environment
- Capacity optimization and resource forecasting
- Administer and check backup integrity
- Support system wide-wide health checks
- Build and maintain system documentation and infrastructure including cloud platforms
- Work with vendors to effectively and efficiently utilize their services
- Design, realization, and management of current and future systems; this includes automating desktop and corporate server deployments
Policy & Governance Projects (25%)
- Work with IT team to develop
- End user and internal SOPs
- Documentation approach and policies
- Procurement and asset management approach
- System and application access methodology
- Outage, Maintenance and SLA policies
- Data compliance and retention policies
- Vendor management and budget tracking
- BS/BA in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
- MCSA certification preferred
- Previous experience with system administration, network engineering, back-office/infrastructure application support, desktop application support and virtualization technologies
- Understanding of network infrastructure, vlans, VPN, NAT etc
- Understanding of network security best practices
- Experience with the following systems:
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Google Admin console, G Panel
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, macOS, Windows Professional, Chrome OS
- Strong understanding of JAMF, zero-touch deployment methods for macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android
- Ecommerce & POS platforms like Shopify Plus
- Netsuite, a plus
Work Environment/ Hours / Compensation
This position is a full-time, exempt role, requiring at least three days in the office per week. This position pays $90,000 - $98,000, based on experience. This role reports to the IT Manager.
This position requires availability to be on-call over the weekends on a rotating basis, most likely 1-2 weekends per month. During on-call hours, the IT Systems Technician may be required to be onsite at our San Francisco or Sausalito locations within two hours notice should a need arise.
Only Bay Area candidates will be considered.
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture and chiropractic, as well life insurance. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Heath, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your resume and cover letter that speaks directly to the position’s requirements. Thank you for your interest!