Showroom Sales Associate (Los Angeles)
- Los Angeles, CA
- Part Time
- Showroom Sales
- Entry Level
Heath Ceramics is a California company making dinnerware and architectural tile of good and enduring design for over 70 years. We are design-led, with the mission of creating products of beauty and integrity, while designing, manufacturing, and running our business in a way that's better for society and our planet. By taking responsibility for the entire lifecycle, we offer better products and experiences from beginning to end. We believe in the benefits of local manufacturing and support a community of people committed to and inspired by the process of designing, making, and sharing. We believe in providing a living wage, full health and welfare benefits, and a place for meaningful work.
We’re looking for friendly sales-driven people with a background or interest in ceramics, design, and home furnishings to work at our beautiful Los Angeles Showroom. Our Sales Associates do a little bit of everything and matter a lot. You’ll work the cash register, stock shelves, answer customer questions, and generally make sure every customer has a fun, friendly, and informative shopping experience.
Our clientele ranges from architects and designers to chefs, design-savvy shoppers, out-of-towners, and gift registrants. You’ll bring an open, friendly demeanor, an appreciation for our iconic ceramics, and an eagerness to learn about our rich history. You have an eye for detail and are able to create a store environment that surprises and delights customers each time they walk through our doors.
Selling at Heath means appreciating dinnerware selection is very personal, as it represents family, friendship, tradition, and important gatherings. You will help shoppers understand our beautiful and distinctive selections of dinnerware, Heath Home and one-of-a-kind finds, as well as the way the registries work. You will balance excellent customer service with the demands of a busy store environment.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of previous sales experience, preferably for a design-led brand
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Passion for design and other creative pursuits
- Engaging communication style with customers and designers
- Ability to identify customer needs and problem solve, to understand and explain product features and benefits
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of POS systems and a high level of comfort with technology (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet)
- Ability to comfortably lift 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
Work Environment/Hours/ Compensation
This role is based in our beautiful Los Angeles Showroom. Part-time positions are available. Candidates must have weekend availability. Part-time positions average 15-20 hours per week.
As of 2020, we committed to establishing a base rate that would support a Living Wage for all employees. We value our workers and one way we show this is through fair pay. This position pays $21.00 an hour.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, reach and grasp 30 lbs of ceramic dinnerware/tile and to push/pull carts and bins of merchandise repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to see and distinguish between patterns and colors
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Heath, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter that speaks directly to the position. Thank you for your interest!